The Festive week is such a special time for children, teenagers and adults alike. We know you’ll want to make the most of this wonderful time of year.
If you’re currently undergoing orthodontic treatment with a removable retainer, there are a few things you can do to make sure it doesn’t hamper your festive experience!
Here are our dos and don’ts for successfully managing your retainer over the Christmas period.
- Remember to remove your retainer before eating or drinking.
- Carry a retainer case around with you to safely put your retainer in when you remove it to eat and drink.
- Keep wearing your retainer! It may seen frustrating to keep taking it in and out again to eat and drink, but not wearing your retainer for days at a time could set your treatment back.
- Think you can get away with just a small snack or treat without removing your retainer! Most of us enjoy snacking and grazing over the course of the day during the festive week. Though it might seem frustrating to take your retainer out every time you want to have a little nibble of something tasty…you really do need to!
- Wrap your retainer in a napkin during big Christmas meals. There’s a risk that you’ll forget it’s there and the napkin may be swept up into the bin with the others.
- Forget to put your retainer in again! It’s easy to get swept up in the general merriment of the season and forget to put your retainer back in when the feast is over, but it is important to make sure you keep up with your treatment.
It may seem frustrating to have to keep track of your retainer over the festive season, but the upside to taking it out is that you won’t have to miss out on any of your usual festive treats!