There’s no doubt that there’s a lot to gain from orthodontic treatment. When you decide that this is right for you, you have a whole lifetime of a brighter smile to look forward to.
In order to get there, though, you’ll have to decide what kind of teeth realignment treatment to go for. This includes making decisions about whether a fixed or removable appliance is better suited to you and your teeth.
It’s also important to make sure you have chosen an orthodontist that you like and trust. Teeth realignment treatment can take a significant amount of time, so you want to be sure that you feel confident in the professional you’ve chosen to support you through the process.
When you first meet with your orthodontist, we recommend that you ask plenty of questions.
What should you ask at an orthodontist consultation appointment?
A consultation appointment is an excellent opportunity to find out as much as you can about the types of teeth realignment treatment that are available to you, and what the process of each one would be.
We suggest you ask questions such as:
- How much orthodontic experience do you have?
- Have you undergone specialist orthodontic training?
- What kind of treatment is best suited to my teeth?
- How will orthodontic treatment affect my lifestyle?
- What is the price difference of the treatments available to me?
- What payment options do I have?
- How long should I expect to wear a brace for?
- How regularly will I need to come in for check ups?
- What happens if I have any problems with my brace between appointments?
- What can I hope to achieve with this realignment treatment?
- What after care will I receive after the treatment is complete?
Taking the opportunity to ask these questions at your initial appointment will help you to discover both which kind of treatment and which orthodontic professionals are right for you.
Not sure why it pays to work with a specialist orthodontist rather than your usual dentist? Here are some very key reasons why.